Castor Oil Pack Instructions
- Castor packs are especially helpful for cleansing and detoxification of the kidneys, liver, and intestines, which is necessary to overcome chronic illness.
- Castor packs are ideal to use when preparing for the Essential Liver/Gallbladder Flush.
- Regular use of castor packs over the abdomen increases lymphatic circulation, helps to restore proper bowel eliminations and improves digestion. They are especially beneficial for those with IBS and constipation.
- Use a castor pack over areas of the body where there is chronic pain or old injuries.
- Castor packs relieve tension when placed on the back and sides of the neck.
- Castor packs alleviate cramps during menstruation when placed over lower abdomen.
- Because they induce lymphatic drainage, Castor packs may help to shrink tumors when placed directly over or under the tumor.
How it Works
The multiple layers of flannel saturated with quantum quality castor oil are theorized to induce a high frequency resonant effect which allows the castor oil’s immune-boosting phytonutrients to deeply penetrate the cells, triggering a purging of stagnant toxins. This resonant effect can penetrate beyond the lymphatic system’s reach to even purge and purify the “no man’s land” between the GAG’s (glycosaminoglycans) and the lymphatic system where trapped toxins may otherwise remain for a lifetime. These packs are especially helpful for cleansing and detoxification or the body, especially the kidneys, liver, and intestines, which is necessary to overcome chronic illness.
- Castor Oil Kit including 2 Quantum Castor Oils(8oz.) – Premier Quality from India, and Quantum Cotton Flannel - sheets of certified organic cotton flannel (natural beige); no toxic bleaches, pesticides or chemicals.
- Plastic Sheet – a plastic sheet (such as a garbage bag), plus a bath towel and a few safety pins or large elastic bandage.
- Electric heating pad (for dry, not moist heat) – to gently heat the castor oil pack while it is in place on the body.
How to Use a Castor Pack for the Main Detox Organs
Intestines - Using a castor pack over the abdomen performs many functions. It promotes rapid intestinal lymphatic drainage, improves bowel function, and eliminates stored toxins in the intestines. Make sure to cut enough flannel cloth to cover 1 inch above the belly button all the way down to the top of the pubic bone. For an average size female the measurement is usually 8”x 8”. Extra Abdominal Fat: For individuals with stored abdominal fat, it is recommended to keep the pack on for 1 ½ hours. This is to ensure that the pack has ample time to work through the fat layers in order to “draw” toxins from the intestines and the lymph.
Kidneys - Health officials estimate that 26 million Americans suffer from chronic kidney disease (CKD) and many more go undiagnosed because symptoms take years to develop. Placing a castor pack over the kidneys helps to induce lymphatic drainage and release stored toxins. This will help to improve overall kidney function. Furthermore, the kidneys are major detox organs and need to be functioning efficiently during any cleansing routine. They take on the biggest burden when internal toxins are released. Therefore, it is recommended to castor pack kidneys before and after a cleansing routine. If you suffer from kidney stones, or feel tired and week on a regular basis, you may benefit from regular castor packs over the kidneys. Do not use a castor pack over the kidneys 2 days in a row. There should be at least a day in between.
Liver - Another major detox organ, the liver, greatly benefits from a castor pack. The liver has over 500 functions in the body. This organ is susceptible to severe congestion from the modern lifestyle. A castor pack over the liver can provide many benefits. Since Castor Packs encourage lymphatic drainage, they can dramatically improve liver function when used regularly. Placing a Castor Pack over the liver also may help with referred pain in the neck and shoulders. They are also recommended during the Essential Liver/Gallbladder Flush. During the Flush, internal toxins are released into circulation. Placing a castor pack will draw out a great deal of waste. As well, it will heat the liver and loosen gallstones and internal toxins buried deep in the liver and gallbladder which provide excellent results when doing the Flush.
Cut a piece of flannel cloth to cover the area shown below. Make sure it wraps around the right rib toward the back.
5. Wash Off Area. After using the castor oil pack, cleanse the skin using a wash cloth and Premier Liquid Soap or other non toxic soap. Washing the area helps clear acidic toxins which have been drawn out of the body during the treatment and helps prevent reabsorbing these toxins.
Castor Oil Pack Without Heat. An alternative method is to apply the castor oil pack without heat, using a towel wrapped around the body (with safety pins to hold it in place). This can be left on for several hours.
Do Not Reuse The Cotton Flannel. Because the flannel absorbs toxins and waste products, it is best to discard them after the first use. We do not recommend washing them for reuse either. Any exposure to chemicals in the water, detergent, etc. will be absorbed into the body if reused.
Frequency of Use
For general use over a specific problem area such as a sore, tumor, aching muscle, etc., use the castor oil packs at least 2 times per week over the targeted area, for 60 minutes (up to 1 ½ hours) per session, for 2-4 weeks. It is best to wait at least 1 day in between a castor pack session.
For general, whole-body detoxification you want to pack the three key detox organs one time per week for three weeks. Follow this sequence:
- Day 1 – kidneys
- Day 3 - liver
- Day 5 - abdomen
Instructions for clients with Long-term Chronic Illness
If you have been chronically ill for a long time, you have a high degree of toxicity within the body and may have difficulty in eliminating toxins (especially wit kidney stones, kidney disease, or kidney failure.) If this is the case for you, it is best if the packs are used for smaller amounts of time (such as 30 minutes per session). As the general condition of the body improves, the packs may be used more frequently and/or for longer periods of time (for 1 to 1½ hours per session).
For Superior Health
Castor oil packs are one of those rare remedies that cannot be used too much. Many people continue to use castor oil packs periodically throughout their lives to help boost the immune system, to keep the lymphatic circulation clear, to assist in proper eliminations and to always feel their best.*